Title: Lead Safety Professional – Director of Training and Development
Location: Chicago, IL
Are you an innovative and experienced safety professional with the ability to lead and develop people and corporate safety management systems? We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about leading people and organizations with a goal to develop and grow them into the best they can be!
In this position you will lead and manage high level clients within the Greater Chicago Area and nationally. As the Lead Safety Professional you will interface and communicate with business owners and corporate executives to ensure they are meeting agreed upon targeted objectives within their Safety Management System.
You will also have a great opportunity to pour your knowledge and experience into many Safety Professionals within our organization. As the Head of Training & Development you will be able to use your leadership skills to their full potential. You will be responsible to mentor and develop internal Safety Professional employees to reach their maximum potential as subject matter experts and leaders to our clients.
We welcome strong candidates from current Environmental, Health and Safety Directors, Safety Managers, EH&S Managers, Safety Professionals, or Safety Specialists who have a desire to leverage their influence and impact many organizations and workers. With our headquarters in Naperville, IL we service clients within the Greater Chicago Area, throughout Illinois as well as nationally.
The essential job functions of this position include:
- Manage client accounts at a high level including:
- Communicating with & leading business owners and corporate executives;
- Communicating with & leading front line managers and supervisors;
- Organizing, managing and leading internal Safety Professional employees to service client accounts in order to meet targeted objectives;
- Develop internal Safety Professionals as subject matter experts in all areas of Safety and Health;
- Lead as a positive role model for internal Safety Professionals;
- Develop internal Safety Professionals by mentoring, motivating and coaching;
- Develop new, and update current, training content for delivery to clients.
- Eight plus years of progressive environmental, health, and safety experience, including three years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent degree.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Certification requirements include:
- CHST or OHST
- ASP or CSP a plus
- OSHA Outreach Trainer
- Train-the-trainer a plus (Forklift, AWP, Flagger, Signal Person, etc.,)
- Leading, mentoring, coaching and developing Safety Professional employees;
- Developing and implementing Safety Management Systems in a construction and/or manufacturing environment;
- Working closely with executive management and front line management to drive Safety Management Systems;
- Interpreting and applying legal requirements and company standards;
- Developing and monitoring budgets related to Safety Management Systems including training and development;
- Providing guidance and technical assistance on Safety and Health matters;
- Analyzing and researching operational and strategic information and determining actions;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as needed;
- Strong communication skills and ability to partner with management team on executing business plans;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish also a plus