Title: Part-Time – Bi-Lingual English/Spanish – Safety Professional (Trainer/Inspector)
Location: Chicago, IL
Are you a self-motivated, experienced, bi-lingual safety professional looking for a flexible opportunity to provide training and/or inspection services for the general industry and/or construction sectors? We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about growing the occupational safety knowledge of the Spanish speaking labor force!
In this position you will support the efforts of our Lead Safety Professionals to ensure our clients are meeting agreed upon targeted objectives within their Safety Management System as it relates to training and site safety surveys.
We welcome strong candidates from current Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinators, Safety Specialists, Safety Managers, EH&S Managers, Safety Professionals, or independent contractors who have a desire to leverage their influence and impact many organizations and workers. With our headquarters in Naperville, IL we service clients within the Greater Chicago Area, throughout Illinois as well as nationally.
Our vision at Optimum Safety Management is “Workers Everywhere Valued and Safe”. To fulfil this vision Optimum partners with our clients to achieve best practices in workplace safety management, resulting in significant gains in engagement, productivity, and profitability. We provide an innovative, structured, and sustainable approach to safety management to meet the needs of our clients.
We are seeking qualified Safety Professionals that are dedicated to delivering the best experience and results for our clients while exhibiting our core values.
- Safety – We never unnecessarily risk the well-being of an individual.
- Excellence – We exceed expectations in all we do.
- Integrity – We mean what we say. We deliver what we promise.
- Communication – We carefully listen and clearly communicate.
- Teamwork – We partner with others, valuing everyone’s input.
- Innovation – We deliver inventive solutions.
The essential job functions of this position include:
- Proficient verbal Spanish communication with a track record of success.
- Manage your time effectively with organizational skills.
- Effectively written and verbal communication with the Optimum Lead Safety Professionals and clients.
- Conduct safety surveys and provide innovative recommendations for corrective compliance.
- Conduct training for topics including but not limited to:
|o Aerial Work Platform
o Cranes, Rigging & Signal Person
o Electrical Safety
o Excavation Competent Person
o Fall Protection Competent Person
o Fire Protection & Prevention
o First Aid/CPR/AED
o Hazard Communication
o Machine Guarding
|o NFPA 70E
o OSHA 10/30 Hour
o Overhead Crane Operator
o Permit Required Confined Space
o Respirable Crystalline Silica
o Respiratory Protection & Fit Testing
o Rough Terrain Forklift
o Scaffolding User/Hazard Awareness
o Steel Erection
o Walking-Working Surfaces
- Must be able to work on teams as well as independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to properly accumulate training/inspection documentation and work with the team for proper filing and submittal.
- Work typically occurs during normal business hours, but may also include nights and weekends as required by project schedules.
- Travel up to ~25% – Travel may include single overnight trips up to and including week long assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 5 years of environmental, health, and safety experience with training as a focus.
- Certification requirements include:
- OSHA Outreach Trainer
- Train-the-trainer (Flagger, Skidsteer, Aerial Work Platforms, Signal Person, Forklift, First Aid/CPR, etc.)
- CHST, OHST, ASP a plus
- Working closely with the Optimum Lead Safety Professionals and client front line supervisors to drive Safety Management Systems;
- Interpreting and applying legal requirements and company standards;
- Providing guidance and technical assistance on Safety and Health matters;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as needed;
- Strong time management and organizational skills