Title: Safety Professional – Metals Industry
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Description: Are you an innovative and experienced safety professional with experience in the metals industry including any of the following: foundries, mills, aluminum extrusion, steel service centers, fabrication? We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about leading people and organizations with a goal to develop and grow them into the best they can be!
In this position you will lead and manage high level clients within the Greater Chicago Area and nationally. As the Lead Safety Professional you will interface and communicate with business owners and corporate executives to ensure they are meeting agreed upon targeted objectives within their Safety Management System.
We welcome strong candidates from current Environmental, Health and Safety Directors, Safety Managers, EH&S Managers, Safety Professionals, or Safety Specialists who have a desire to leverage their influence and impact many organizations and workers. With our headquarters in Naperville, IL we service clients within the Greater Chicago Area, throughout Illinois as well as nationally.
The essential job functions of this position include:
- Manage client accounts
- Develop safety and health programs
- Conduct Safety Leadership Team and Claims Management Team meetings to drive an improved culture of safety.
- Develop and conduct various safety related trainings
- Conduct safety surveys and provide innovative recommendations for corrective compliance.
- Manage OSHA inspections and incident investigations
- Lead as a positive role model for internal Safety Professionals.
- Must be able to work on teams as well as independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Travel up to ~25%
- Metals industry including any of the following: Foundries, Mills, Aluminum Extrusion, Steel Service Centers, Fabrication
- Minimum 5 years of progressive environmental, health, and safety experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent degree.
- Certification as OHST, ASP or CSP a plus
- CIH, OSHA Outreach Trainer also a plus
- Developing and implementing Safety Management Systems in a manufacturing environment;
- Working closely with executive management and front line management to drive Safety Management Systems;
- Interpreting and applying legal requirements and company standards;
- Providing guidance and technical assistance on Safety and Health matters;
- Analyzing and researching operational and strategic information and determining actions;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as needed;
- Strong communication skills and ability to partner with management team on executing business plans;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish also a plus