NAPERVILLE, Ill.—January 15, 2015— Optimum Results has announced today that its founder and president, Stephen Yates, CHST, will be moderating a panel of experts discussing worker’s compensation insurance strategies. Hosted and managed by the Valley Industrial Association (VIA), this event scheduled for January 28, 2015.
While it is well documented that workers compensation insurance is the most expensive part of an employer insurance program, it is also the most controllable if managed properly. A multi-disciplined panel of experts will share insights, followed by a question and answer (Q&A) session:
- Peer Member: Bret M. Bush, ARM, CRIS; Sr. Vice President Operations of Bear Construction Co.
- Insurance Claims Professional: Marianne Cornacchione; Claim Supervisor with WCTI/CCMSI
- Worker’s Compensation Defense Attorney: Leslie Johnson – Partner with SmithAmundsen
- Safety & Health Professional: Jerry Prindiville, CHST – Director of Consulting Operations with Optimum Safety Management
- Insurance Professional: John Schumacher, CSP, CLCS; Sr. Vice President of Assurance Agency
The panel of experts will discuss with attendees the following questions on protecting workers, increasing productivity, and promoting profitability:
- How does my experience modifier (EMR) work?
- What makes a claim compensable? And, how can I best handle a claim?
- What are up front risk and safety management measures that will mitigate cost?
- When should I be pushing for investigation of a claim? And, how?
- What best practices are other VIA members using to control Worker’s Compensation?
- Can I, or should I, pay small claims outside of my insurance program?
- How can I defend my company from the negative impacts here in Illinois?
- What will our new Governor do to help business on Workers Compensation issues?
- What can I do upfront to prepare for litigation?
- What strategies can I use to limit high medical costs and lost time?
The panel will be followed by a Q&A session to answer any questions you may have.
The Worker’s Compensation Panel will be held on January 28 at VIA Headquarters, 2000 S. Batavia Avenue, Learning Center, Geneva, IL. 60134; and cost $60 for VIA members, $85 for non-members.
About Valley Industrial Association (VIA)
The Valley Industrial Association (VIA) is exclusively for manufacturers and those businesses in Northern Illinois which serve manufacturing in the Fox Valley area, including Kane, Kendall, DeKalb and Western DuPage counties. A regional trade association for manufacturers, providing an environment for companies to connect locally with their peers and gain insightful business practices from companies they trust. For more information, visit www.VIAassn.org.