July is UV Safety Month, so we put together an infographic with some sun safety tips!
What are UV Rays?
Ultraviolet Radiation is simply one form of energy coming from the sun. UV rays are invisible rays that can damage the skin and cause melanoma and other types of skin cancer.
Sun Safety Tips
- Remember that UV rays bounce off of water, snow, sand, and concrete
- Reapply sunscreen hourly, or after sweating
- Provide complete sunscreen coverage for your skin (include neck, ears, & lips)
- Stay in the shade whenever possible
- For those with thin or thinning hair, apply sunscreen to the scalp as well